15.8.13

Interview with Shawnda Currie, author of the Evolved trilogy

Today, I have an interview with Shawnda Currie, author of the Evolved trilogy. So without a further ado...

What are the top three reasons why readers should consider buying the Evolved trilogy the next time they see it online or in stores?

1. It’s a fresh & original storyline.
2. Quick and entertaining read with a dash of sarcasm and a sprinkle of humour.
3. Because if you enjoy the first book, there’s two more to read!

Altered, the first book in the Evolved trilogy, tells the story of Lacey, so will you share with us a little about her? Also, if you could offer her any advice, what would you say?

Lacey is a lonely girl who made some poor choices. She is forced to face the consequences of her actions which leads her to a journey of self discovery. I would tell her to persevere even though at times she’ll just want to give up. Life is hard but it is also a slow and steady journey.

The Evolved series deals with time travel, so what inspired you to tackle that subject within the books?
I’m a big movie buff. I’ve highly enjoyed films involving time travel and where people have super powers. I decided to write a story that provided a unique spin of how time travel could work. I’m also a believer in certain elements of the paranormal.

If you could time travel to any time period, which would you pick?
I would definitely travel to the future to see what new technology had been developed.

Do you have a favorite scene or line from Altered, the first book in the series? No spoilers, please!

Lacey finds out that she has special abilities. Somehow, she expects her abilities to be fully developed even though they’ve been mostly dormant all her life:

“Empty out your mind and concentrate on one card at a time. Guess which symbol is on the card and then flip it over to see if you’re right.”

I took a deep breath and concentrated on the first card. “Wavy lines.”

I flipped the card over. It was a circle. Some psychic I was.

You currently work as a Resource Management Support Clerk in the Canadian Armed Forces. Has this influenced your writing in any ways?

I think it is the complete opposite; my writing has influenced my job as a clerk. Much of my work involves written communication that must be completed in a specific format and maintain professionalism at all times. I even find myself correcting other people’s emails. Some say I have OCD. Okay, I’ll admit it…I do have OCD.

What has been your favorite part of being an author so far? Least favorite?
My favorite part is receiving feedback from readers, both positive and negative as that is how you grow as a writer. I’m thrilled when complete strangers go out of their way to promote and recommend my books to others. The least favorite part is marketing. I don’t want to feel like I’m spamming people.

What's up next for you book wise? Is there anything else you would like to add?
I’m currently working on the final instalment of The Evolved Trilogy but I have plans to write a series about travel to other dimensions. I’m a huge animal lover. I can kill off characters in my books but I don’t think I can bring myself to write about animals dying.

~~~

About Altered (Volume 1):
Abandoned by her family, Lacey is sent to a juvenile detention center known as Clear Waters. Her teen years don't look promising until she is befriended by a mysterious stranger named Taylor, a gorgeous guy whose captivating eyes seem to stare into her soul. Convinced she is in danger at Clear Waters, Lacey joins Taylor in a daring escape. As she meets Taylor's group of friends, she discovers that they're more than they seem – they've been sent from the future to head off an evil corporate plot that will lead to a world war unless averted. With Lacey as their only hope to prevent a grim future, Taylor shows Lacey how to tap into her psychic abilities known in his time as evolved humans. Traveling with her new friends, she discovers the magic of love while she grows into the powerful warrior chosen to make the difference to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com